It’s THAT time of year, Flu shot signs everywhere!
I choose not to get the flu shot because according to the the Centers for Disease Control, most flu vaccines contain mercury in the form of thimerosal, some containing as much as 25mcg per dose – which is more than 250 times above the EPA’s safety limit.
But mercury is just one of the many dangerous substances found in the flu shot more including: aluminum, a neurotoxin, Triton X-100, a common detergent used in laboratories; phenol (carbolic acid): ethylene glycol or antifreeze; betapropiolactone, a disinfectant; nonoxynol, used to kill or stop growth of STD’s; and octoxinol 9, a vaginal spermicide!
I work SO hard to eat organic, fresh and non-toxic food, why would I put all that in my body (or my childs) ???
How Do They Determine the Flu Shot?
There are two types of vaccines, Therapeutic (cancer, metabolic disorders, chronic illnesses, and infectious diseases), and Preventable human vaccines markets (pediatric vaccinations, flu shots) that are estimated to reach $55 billion worldwide! Vaccines are BIG business, and that is important to understand.
No doubtedly you have heard the “grim” news about this years flu, H3N2. Have you noticed how every year there are dire warnings to get your flu shot? There are 16 different types of HA and 9 different types of NA, therefore, there are potentially 144 different subtypes of influenza A viruses. Among them, two subtypes of influenza A, H1N1 and H3N2 are the most common ones that infect humans.
Each year the FDA meets to determine which strains will go into the vaccine based on recommendations from the World Health Organization. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. In an interview with CNBC, John Shiver, global head of research and development at Sanofi Pasteur, which produces the bulk of flu vaccines in the U.S. stated: “There’s a lot of good methodology, but it’s not foolproof, so some years are better than others.”
The theory behind the flu vaccine is the exposure to vaccine antigens increases the antibody response in the immune system. Unfortunately, flu viruses are constantly mutating in order to survive and if your depending on the flu shot to prevent the flu, it’s a crap shoot.
Your Best Defense is a Strong Immune System
I’m very proactive prior to the flu season to build my immune system up (currently doing a 10 Day detox). I also add in some additional supplements to my daily regime or increase dosages of daily supplements. Here are some of my top tips to build your immune system to prevent the flu naturally.
1. Vitamin D – if you don’t take one start now. If you do take one, increase to 5,000IU daily through the winter months unless immune compromised then increase to 10,000IU.
2. Probiotics – eighty percent of your immune system is located in your gut. “Clean eating” by lowering the chemicals coming into your body is #1. Secondly, adding “pre-biotics” to your diet can improve the growing grounds for your good bacteria. Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha are great sources. During the flu season add in a daily pro-biotic to assure the good guys are winning!
3. Reduce sugar – this is a big one! Sugar is the enemy of your immune system. Holiday season holds a tempting array of sugary goodies so “chose your poison well.”
4. Sleep and lower stress – sleep is the restorative time for your body so make sure you don’t burn the candle at both ends during the flu season. Simply said, stress is a killer! Make a plan on how to lower stress in your life. Learn how to ask for help, rearrange your schedule if possible, to fit exercise in, include prayer or meditation into your daily routine and of course, eat clean!
5. Emergency help – sometimes you feel like your “coming down with something” and you start to panic. I have a “natural medicine cabinet” in my house filled with garlic, echinacea, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C. At the first sign of something I start my attack with all of these and nine times out of ten I can kick it in 24 hours (along with rest).
Ed and I haven’t had a flu shot in thirty years. We have had the flu maybe five or six times during those years. We both drove a school bus in Colorado, talk about a micro environment for bug sharing! The first year we both got sick a couple times but after that we never did because we started our immune program BEFORE school started to prepare our bodies for the exposure.
Now is the time to get serious about building that immune system up! Have you visited my Dispensary? These are my top picks for vitamins, minerals, herbs etc. at a 15% discount over retail. You’ll have to register to access it (takes a minute), and you can message me if you can’t find what you are looking for and I’ll research the best product and place it in my Dispensary for you!
Let’s all get ready for the flu and cold season naturally!
To a healthy season,
Of Course I Want to be Younger Next Year
Stay up today with the latest tips and tricks to be younger next year