Whether you’ve had the flu or not, it’s still very active and your at risk to still be exposed to it or even get a second round of it. I’m going share my top 7 tips to build your immune system.
let’s explore the question….. why is THIS year so bad?
Every year, there are usually a few different strains of the flu viruses circulating around. In 2018, we’re seeing more of the Influenza A-H3N2 than any other strain. This is the same strain during the 2014-2015 flu season that saw 34 million people get the flu. Now that we know the H3N2 strain has been dominant in previous years, you’re likely wondering why everyone’s in such a panic about this particular season. According to the press officer of the CDC Kristen Nordlund, it’s because of the timing of it all — and just how widespread the dang thing has been. “In previous seasons it tends to happen in different parts of the United States at different times,” she said. “This is one of the first years we’ve really seen that widespread activity is everywhere. Flu is really across the board in every state at the same time.”
Nordlund went on to explain…
although each flu season is different, sometimes you don’t really see much activity until January. This year, flu season started in November. It was happening right when everyone was being social over the holidays, potentially helping it spread. “The timing of it lined up with some of those large gatherings,” she added. Additional bad news is they are predicting it to last well into March, so we’re not even on the decline yet!
If you have been following me for a while you know I’m not a fan of the flu shot unless you have a compromised immune system. By supporting your immune system it can fight this influenza virus. We were back in Texas for Christmas and my son-in-law came down with it a couple of days after we arrived then my daughter got it a couple of days later. Surrounded by it in a small apartment avoiding someone was pretty darn hard!! My husband Ed never got even a “touch” of anything. Immediately when I started with a slight sore throat I jumped on that with gargling salt water, garlic, Echinacea, vitamin A, zinc and a tincture that had multiple immune building herbs.
TOP 7 PICKS
Here are my TOP 7 PICKS for keeping your immune system strong so you don’t get, or don’t repeat, a bout of the flu!
1. Garlic – anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
2. Zinc – In the human body, there are more than 300 different enzymes that require zinc to function normally. Zinc helps regulate the cells of the immune system. It also reduce effects of stress, helps control blood sugar and increases healing. Take 60mg daily during the “high” season of colds and flu.
3. Vitamin A – there are two types of Vitamin A. One from animal derived foods called retinol. Another from colorful fruits and vegetables call carotenoids which are converted to retinol. Take carotenoids all year round. Add in the retinol Vitamin A during flu season. I suggested 40,000 IU Micellized Vitamin A daily when exposed to the flu or you feel like your fighting it off.
4. Echinacea – Research shows it increases the number of white blood cells, which fight infections and it has also been shown to boost immune cells. You should only take Echinacea for two weeks then take a one week break.
5. Medicinal Mushrooms – Reishi, Shiitaki, Cordyceps, Maitake are the most popular mushrooms. Buy these dried, fresh and or in capsules. They enhance and modulate your immune system.
6. Vitamin C – In respiratory conditions, vitamin C supplements help avert or shorten the duration of colds. It may mitigate the risk of serious respiratory conditions associated with the flu. Vitamin C has SO many more benefits. Take 250mg every four hours as a prevention for flu. Don’t take large doses at one time as it just get’s flushed out through the urine.
7. Vitamin D3- a powerful immune modulator and acts as a “phagocytosis”, attacking bacteria, yeast, fungus and molds which can weaken the immune system. Most people are low in this so it’s safe to take 5,000 IU daily but always get tested yearly.
Go to my “Dispensary” of my Top Picks in nutritional supplements. These are brands that I trust. It gives you a 15% discount off of retail! Do it now, it takes a couple of minutes to register here https://wellevate.me/christine-mckee to see my top brands I recommend!
Use my favorite recipe for Immune Building Soup https://thenomadicnutritionist.com/soups-salads/ Astralagus root is the only ingredient that might be a challenge to find (on-line is easier).
Enjoy and stay well!!
Of Course I Want to be Younger Next Year
Stay up to date with the latest tips and tricks to be younger next year