This year we have no home….
This year we have no home to go home to for the winter! I think the birds are pretty smart, summer in the Rocky Mountains and winters in the Southwest. We have flown with the birds and landed an hour north of Phoenix.
We are “lot sitting” in a retirement community. Our lot has power, water and sewer and backs up to BLM land. Mornings and evenings we are surrounded by quail, cottontail rabbits, birds of every kind and coyotes! The chorus of coyotes at night is VERY entertaining 🙂
We logged over 7,000 miles and nine Western states in five months this summer. We have an amazing country and I would HIGHLY recommend you get out and explore! The RV community is incredibly friendly and helpful and we meet some wonderful people on the road. They also love to eat and drink! My self imposed “rule” is eat healthy 80% of the time and 20% of the time eat, drink and be merry.
We are coming into the season of the “Great American Feeding Frenzy”……the Holidays! The traditions of foods and drinks we love is hard to resist. The goodies that show up at the office and the Holiday parties are a challenge to negotiate and stick with 80% healthy (if you adopt my “rule” 🙂
Here are some tips to navigate this next 8 weeks so you can enjoy them and not regret it!
5 Tips to Stay on Track
- Bring “healthy” snacks when going to Happy Hour and your asked to bring food. Some of my favorites are Hummus and sliced veggies, Goat Cheese topped with Pesto and served with rice crackers, seasoned Almonds, homemade Veggie dip, low fat Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Homemade Salsa. Check out some of my favorite recipes here…… “Holiday Snacks“
- Only drink alcohol when socializing, not every day. Alcohol puts weight on faster than anything else! It turns to sugar immediately as it absorbs through the stomach wall. Avoid the sugary drinks that have added sugar from things like sodas, lemonade, tonic water etc.
- Eat before you go. Never show up at a social hour hungry! I have NO self control when I’m hungry!
- Eat until your 80% full. This is wisdom from one of the longest living cultures in the world. Wait for one hour (drink more water) and I guarantee you’ll be satisfied on 80%!
- Water! Drink water before, during and after going to social hour. Bring your own if you do not know the source. NEVER drink ice cold water, it shuts down digestion.
Love the holidays?
I love the Holidays and the food and drink as much as you do. Let’s be conscious about our food and drink choices but not over the top paranoid about calories. Keep the exercise going and the healthy food 80% of the time and ENJOY!
Make sure and get alerts when I go “live” on Facebook because I’m taste testing some Paleo Sweet recipes just in time for the Holiday’s! www.facebook.com/chrismckeecnc
To your health,
Of Course I Want to be Younger Next Year
Stay up today with the latest tips and tricks to be younger next year