Shrimp and Vegetable Spaghetti
- 12oz. of gluten free spaghetti pasta
- 1 Tabl. grass-fed butter
- 1 Tabl. Olive oil
- 2 medium organic carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced in 1/8” pieces
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced in 1/8” pieces
- 24 jumbo, cooked, shelled shrimp
- 1 bottle clam juice (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup organic 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 Tabl. corn starch mixed in 1/4 cup of clam juice.
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Start large pot of water to cook spaghetti.
Melt butter and olive oil in large fry pan. Sauté carrots 2-3 minutes, add peppers and salute 2-3 minutes. Stir in squashes and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Remove all from pan and add clam juice, cornstarch and clam juice and 1/2 and 1/2, simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add back in vegetable mixture and cooked shrimp, heat until shrimp is heated through.
Serve over spaghetti. Top with fresh parmesan cheese!
African Peanut Stew
From the “Oh She Glows” cookbook by Angela Liddon
Creamy and lightly spicy, add more to “kick it up a notch” if you like!
- 1 tsp. Avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in 1” pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 can of Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable broth (more or less to desired thickness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder (or more to taste)
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups organic baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In large pot heat oil and add onion and garlic, salute for 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, sweet potato and tomatoes with juices, simmer 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl wisk together peanut butter and 1 cup of vegetable broth until no clumps remain. Stir into vegetables along with cayenne, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with lid and simmer approximately 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach and simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cilantro and peanuts.
Chicken with Green Olives
This chicken dish has a Moroccan flavor to it!
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 4 boneless organic chicken thighs or cut-up fryer
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1” cinnamon stick
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of Organic chicken broth (low sodium if possible)
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Put oil in large fry pan, heat and add chicken, brown well. Remove chicken and add onion, ginger, cinnamon, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and browned chicken back to pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Add olives and simmer for 10 minutes then add lemon. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Serve over brown rice.
- 1 lb Organic ground Turkey or ground-beef
- 1 Tabl. Avocado oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup diced, organic celery
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup organic ketchup
- 3/4 cup pure water
- 2 Tabl. brown sugar
- 2 Tabl. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tabl. Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 New Potatoes baked OR Spaghetti Squash baked and squash removed
- Place Avocado oil in large fry pan. Heat on medium and crumble turkey or ground-beef into fry pan. Cook until pink is gone, add onion and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add celery, ketchup, water, brown sugar, tomato paste, vinegar, chili powder and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add more water if necessary to desired thickness. Salt to taste.
Serve over baked new potatoes OR Spaghetti Squash
Cheese and Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
This is a quick summer night dish when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Shop your local Farmers Market (or your own garden!) for fresh tomatoes!
2 cups cooked Organic brown rice (2 cups water, 1 cup rice simmer, uncovered for 20-30 minutes and cool. Make in the morning so it’s ready to go for dinner)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 7oz. can Organic corn, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup frozen Organic peas, microwave for 2 minutes until lightly cooked, drain and cool
1/2 cup diced extra sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 Organic tomatoes, washed and “butterflied”
1/2 cup of Avocado Mayonnaise (or “real” mayonnaise)
2 Tabl. Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. Cumin
Mix well and set aside
Combine rice, green onions, corn and peas and pour dressing over all, mix well.
Pile on top of butterflied Tomatoes that have been sprinkled with salt and pepper.
1 lb. of ground chicken or turkey
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Cup chopped onions
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 garlic cloves minced (or use garlic in a jar)
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans rinsed
1/3 cup golden raisins
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
¼ cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in non-stick fry pan and add onion, cook 2 minutes. Add chicken or turkey, cumin, salt, cinnamon and garlic, cook 3 minutes. Stir in salsa and raisins. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds and cilantro.
Serve with a corn tortillas and a citrus salad.
Grilled Ahi Tuna with Cilantro Sauce
2 4-6oz. Ahi Tuna Steaks
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
salt and pepper
Rinse and dry Ahi Tuna steaks. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil or Grape-seed oil
While grill is preheating heat the Avocado oil in small saucepan and add ginger, stir fry
1 minute then add in cilantro and stir fry for 1 minute. Mix in Tamari sauce, sugar and water and cook for 1 minute and turn burner off.
Grill tuna steaks on high heat for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
1/2 Tabl. garlic powder
1/2 Tabl. onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 Tabl. Paprika
1 cup cornmeal
1 Tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 egg, mixed well
1 cup Coconut milk
4 white fish filets
1 Tablespoon brown mustard
Rub fish with mustard. Combine batter ingredients in shallow bowl. Dip fish in batter then in seasoning mix. Fry in Avocado oil until golden brown. Serve with oven fries and coleslaw.
Spicy Southwestern Oven-Fried Chicken
4 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
Combine together and process in food processor until crumbly.
3 Tabl. Fresh cilantro
2 Tabl cornmeal
3 Tabl. Bread crumbs
2 Tabl pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
1 ½ tsp cumin
½ tsp oregano ¼ tsp Real salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tabl Dijon mustard
- 1 Tabl water
- 2 tsp honey
Roll chicken breasts in honey mixture then in bread crumb mixture.
Spray non-stick spray on a cookie sheet and place chicken on it.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
Amazing Stir-Fried Rice
1/2 Chicken breast(chopped and cooked)
Dash of soy sauce
Small amount of oil to coat pan
In a wok or large fry pan, heat oil. Add veggies saute’ for a few min. Add in cooked rice. Add in chicken. Mix together. When this mixture is heated through crack egg over mixture and mix in. Cook thoroughly. Add black pepper, and a small amount of soy sauce to taste.
1/2 Cup Cooked brown rice
1 Cup Any veggies you want to sauté or frozen (peas, carrots, green beans mix)
Don’t let the number of ingredients worry you, they all go in one food processor to chop up. The anti-aging and cancer protective nutrients in this are HUGE!
Cambodian Chicken Curry
1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced fresh ginger root (or 2 tsp of ginger in a jar)
1/4 cup peeled and thinly sliced fresh Lemon Grass (available in your store next to fresh basil or replace with 2 Tabl. of the tubed version)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish sauce (found in asian section)
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced in half
2 large shallots, peeled and quartered
6 organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup of low sodium chicken broth or organic chicken broth
3/4 cup lite Coconut milk
1 teaspoon raw sugar
1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
3 Tablespoons corn starch
1 lime cut into wedges
Place first 9 ingredients in food processor and pulse until chopped into very small pieces.
Heat coconut oil in large fry pan to medium heat and add chopped ingredients. Salute for 2-3 minutes stirring once. Add chicken broth, coconut milk and sugar, bring to a simmer and add chicken thighs. Cook low heat for 30 minutes. Remove chicken and mix corn starch into remaining coconut milk until smooth. Slowly add to curry broth and stir until thickened. Add back in chicken. Serve over rice and squeeze fresh lime over all.
Greek Chicken with Feta
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 16oz Can of chopped tomatoes
½ Cup Pitted Klamath olives
½ Tsp Oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Remove and discard the chicken skin. Heat Olive oil in non-stick pan. Brown the chicken pieces, turning several times. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Add onions to pan (add additional small amount of olive oil if necessary).
Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and their liquid and the oregano, stir well.
Place the chicken on the sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cover the pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and olives, cover and simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve with couscous and salad.
1 Small container of crumbled Feta cheese
6 Organic chicken parts (legs, thighs, breasts)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
4 Medium onions, sliced
Many of us are choosing to use less gluten and lettuce wraps are a great alternative to the traditional sandwich. Here are a couple quick ideas!
Chicken Club Lettuce Wraps
2 Boneless chicken breasts, grilled (or any leftover chicken)
4 slices of nitrate free bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (I do mine in microwave, fast!)
1/2 Avocado, sliced
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Bleu or Asiago cheese crumbles
Large lettuce leaves from Butter or Romaine Lettuce
Shred chicken, mix in bacon and tomatoes. Layer this mixture on lettuce leaves and top with tomatoes and cheese. If you like add a little organic ranch dressing!
Taco Salad Lettuce Wraps
This makes a large amount so you can eat on it for days!
1lb. grass-fed beef or bison hamburger, browned and drained
1 Tabl. Chili Powder
1 Tabl. Cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 onion, minced
1 Avocado, sliced
1/4 cup green onions, diced
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 small can of sliced olives
Large Butter or Romaine Leaves
Place ground meat in large fry pan and add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and onion, brown and drain. Cool and stir in cilantro. Place small amount on lettuce leaf. Top with Avocado, green onions, cherry tomatoes and sliced olives. Drizzle with Salsa!
Of Course I Want to be Younger Next Year
Stay up today with the latest tips and tricks to be younger next year