We are 3 months in to our full-time RV adventure!
We have traveled through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon and now in Northern California. Before these beautiful Fall temperatures we had TWO weeks of record setting temperatures in the Sacramento Valley!!
We stayed with our best friends and “moved into” their spare bedroom for two weeks. The heat…
kept us inside except for a few shopping excursions early in the morning, gym early in the morning and one movie outing. We were thankful we weren’t Boondocking without air-conditioning!!
We have since headed over to the coast of California to visit more family and friends for the week. The weather is now cool, foggy and a little rain this morning. The leaves are starting to turn and Fall is in the air. I LOVE this time of year!
We have secured a spot for the winter in Wickenburg Arizona “lot sitting”. The couple who own the lot have a pad, water, electric and sewer hook ups but they are not using it this winter. The bonus is, it backs up to BLM land so we can hike right out the back door! We are also excited because the lot is in a small community where we have friends that own a home there and in the nearby community some more friends who own a cutting horse ranch. Wickenburg is a small town of about 7,000 population and an hour north of Phoenix.
Heading to the Sierra’s
We will head from here over the Sierra’s and down the backside on Hwy 395 stopping in Bishop and Lone Pine to do some more boondocking and enjoy the Sierra’s fall colors. Then on to Utah for a couple weeks to take in some National Parks that should be quieter now the kids are back in school!
Speaking of kids back in school…..Do you notice how that coincides with cold and flu season?? It’s very predictable that this is the time of year when kids start sharing the bugs that are multiplying in the class room. Here are 5 tips to help boost your immune system to fight these buggers!
5 Tips to Boost Immune Function
- Sleep! Have you ever noticed when you start to “feel” yourself coming down with something its often the end of the day or when you wake up? Your immune system uses sleep time to do housekeeping, going around and gobbling up viruses and bacteria. If you don’t sleep enough your immune system is greatly compromised. Kids ESPECIALLY need lot’s of sleep!!
- Kick the sugar out! A study was done that gave the participants a 12oz. can of full sugar soda that has 39 grams of sugar in it. They monitored the immune system for 4 hours. For 4 hours the immune system was SO WEAKit could not mount an attack agains viruses that where introduced. Read your labels, sugar is everywhere!
- Lot’s of fruits and veggies! While fruit does have sugar in it, in small quantities it’s much lower than processed foods. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These are the “tools” your immune system uses to fight back.
- Lower stress! Yes, I know this is actually a stressful time of the year as the pace of school, work and after-school activities picks up but don’t forget to put in some down time. Families need those “no schedule” times to relax and rejuvenate. Pick a family “stay in” night for a home cooked meal and a movie, you’ll all love it!
- Supplement! Nutritional supplements are just that, a “supplement” to your diet. We add back in immune supplements at this time of year. Some of my favorites are garlic and onion, Vitamin C with bioflavonoids, Echinacea and Goldenseal (my favorite Immune Formula ) and Carotenoid Complex, a complete antioxidant complex.
Find Out Why I Use 3 Companies…
I use three different companies for my products as I have found unique formula’s in each product line. Email me direct (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to set up a FREE 15 minute consult to find out what immune program is best for you!
Let’s stay healthy, strong and fit so we can enjoy this beautiful time of year!
P.S, Want to join me for an incredible immune building 30 days? Next 30 Day Detox class starts September 11th! I’m jumping in myself to take off a couple pounds and gear up my immune system……JOIN ME!
Of Course I Want to be Younger Next Year
Stay up today with the latest tips and tricks to be younger next year